Another one of Sarah’s fantastic posts…..as she still awaits for her computer to recover:)
I originally posted this apricot mousse recipe last Christmas. It’s such a delicious alternative to the heaviness of Christmas pudding that it’s worth repeating, especially as I have now designed a matching artwork! It serves equally well as an accompaniment to mince pies or pudding in place of brandy butter or cream.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8)
1/2 cup • 4 oz • 115 grams Dried Apricots
3/8 cup • 3 oz • 85 grams Caster Sugar (superfine)
1 cup • 1/2 Pint • 284.13 ml Double or Whipping Cream
- Soak the dried apricots overnight in a pan of water that just covers the fruit.
- Cook the apricots in the same liquid until tender.
- Strain the fruit and blend to a purée.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar until the mixture is thick enough to leave a trail.
- Whisk the cream until it is thick…
View original post 93 more words